Use These Guidelines to Create a Family Dollhouse this Holiday Season | All For Xmas
Dollhouses have been very popular for many years, which is why you may want to gather your family this holiday season to build your very own. Constructing a dollhouse is easier than you think, as long as you can follow some basic instructions.
While you can easily purchase a dollhouse kit to put together, there is nothing more satisfying than constructing one by yourself out of wood.
- Masking tape
- Fine tooth saw
- X-acto knife
- Rubber bands
The parts to dollhouses are very small, so you may also want to include magnifiers since the materials need to be precisely cut and put in place. Once the shell of your dollhouse is put together, you can begin to work on some of the larger details on the inside. Those features can include stairs, doorways, and windows. You might even want to add a porch and stairs to the outside.
Once all the main construction is complete, you must do a little painting on the inside and outside. You may even consider wallpapering some of the walls on the inside to make it feel even homier. Carpets, curtains, and furniture will make your dollhouse look like a real home.
A Few Tips to Remember as You Construct Your Dollhouse
- Keep Things Simple – Unless you plan on spending months creating this dollhouse, make the design and furnishings easy.
- Don’t Strive for Perfection- It’s okay if something doesn’t turn out perfectly in your dollhouse!
- Be Creative – When you get to the furnishing part of your dollhouse, you must be prepared to be creative. While there are thousands of items that you can purchase, you may also be able to create a few of the things you want the most by using items you have on hand.
- Customize the Dollhouse for the Entire Family – Yes, the younger people in your family will love the dollhouse, but adults can too if you customize it for their use as well.
- Allow Everyone to Play with It – Some dollhouses were constructed to be showpieces only, but this family project that you are doing should be enjoyed and played with all year long.
Dollhouses can be a lot of fun for every family member, so include everyone in on this project. When you do, you will see how even the youngest members of the family can put their mark on this family endeavor.